For the past ten years, I have produced stories and destination content for a variety of clients, from print magazines to travel trade corporations and tourism boards.
I’ve focused on the destinations in the region I know best—the Caribbean—but for any country or place I explore around the world for work, I am able to produce engaging stories and images. All of my work reflects the authenticity and uniqueness of the destination.
Below are the types of writing and content projects I’ve completed for outlets, and tourism and marketing clients for destinations such as Jamaica, Belize, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Martinique, Guadeloupe Islands and Haiti.
- Destination marketing content, including branded campaigns
- Guidebook writing — from scratch or updating
- Copywriting for hotel brands and tourism boards
- Reviewing and updating corporate guides for travel trade and top travel print magazines
- Monthly blog content for travel and tour companies
- Sponsored travel coverage — individual custom trips and small groups
Sample current long-term clients:
- Go Dominican Republic, DR Ministry of Tourism & BvK
- Destination Belize Magazine — Belize Tourism Industry Association
- Moon Travel Guides — Hachette Book Group
Sample past clients:
- Belize Tourism Board
- Hilton Hotels via Contently
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Rough Guides UK
- Travel + Leisure
- Viator Travel
- Northstar Travel Media
- Matador Network
As an experienced, award-winning photographer with professional gear, I can provide images for articles and assignments.
To get in touch for a potential project or collaboration, please email me directly: Lily_Girma [at] yahoo [dot] com